share this on

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AND IT DID

So, something has happened. I knew that it will happen eventually. It just I didn't expect it to happen so early. I didn't expect it to happen the way it did and the response it generated. However, this taught me a lesson that I need to remind myself of this possibility. I confess I wasn't prepared for the effect of that occurrence.

In the past few months I have been leaving Bible verses in the comments of famous Christian bloggers and ministries on various social media. I didn't expect any response. However, I got many positive responses from the author's of the post. One of those author's published a book that became a best-seller. I felt honored and valued. The author thanked me for the comment personally.
There were some negative response as I expected. However, this reaction was a comment to another comment I about suffering. I responded someone asked a question about how to explain the reason for suffering. There were many responses. My response included the book of Job. I explained that Job endured much suffering. A few people reacted well: some even left supporting comments. However, one of the responses was negative to the point where the respondent was accusative.
The individual told the person, who asked the advice, that I was blatantly wrong. Moreover, the person left another comment for me personally saying that I should't leave comments to the posts anymore because I cannot give the advice and that she was offended. This made me feel so uncomfortable that I considered stopping leaving the comments under the posts all together. However, a few hours later I responded to both comments. First response was for the lady who asked the advice. She got an explanation about how the book of Job can help during suffering. The lady accepted the comment positively. The aggressive comment also got my response; in which I apologized and promised to pray for that person. The individual didn't respond.
My biggest fear didn't come through. I was afraid that the person will complain and I will be banned from commenting. But it doesn't mean that there will be no more negative comments. There have been more positive reactions than negative. I even seen a few positive comments.
Today, as COVID-19 pandemic placed many people into lock downs, more people spend their time on-line. This convinced me to continue the outreach via comments.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. -- Romans 12:12

1 comment:

  1. I can relate to this, sometimes people don't always understand our heart when we share, im so glad you got a positive response from the author, and it sounds like you handled the negative comments well with lots of grace and prayer
    Your gentle answer turned away wrath
    Keep reading and praying, you will encourage those who God puts in your path
    Blessings
    Amber

    ReplyDelete