share this on

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Dear Friend


Just a letter to all of my friends who have been with me for a long time. I love you all.




Dear friend,

Thank you so much for your friendship. You inspire me to do many wonderful things. This title means so much. I believe that if at least one person calls you a real friend, a good friend a true friend or a best friend-- that's much more valuable than a noble title or an accolade.    
In older days monarch, aka royalty, would reward somebody who had accomplished a feat, with a title. The title would be passed down the line. Those people became nobility. Quite often nobles didn't behave according to the title.
A person will get accolade for a certain achievement. Sometimes it can take years to get to that stage. Nevertheless, an accolade granted as an acknowledgement of merit or a special honor. 
True friendship is the most precious reward.  We cannot chose our families: except for spouses; in some cultures people cannot make even that choice. Friendship is a choice. It's more than just a choice -- it's two way street. Friendship requires at least two people. 
My dear friend I'm so privileged that you are in my life. We are different and yet it doesn't seems to restrain our bond. You are amazing. I admire your personality. Tell me how you manage school with work, church and personal life? I can't imagine how is it to be a mother: especially being mommy of two or more kids. If God has motherhood in store for me, I cannot imagine how I'll balance the task of motherhood. 
It's amazing to see you going away and continue your education. I am excited for your future. I'm so happy for those people who will meet you. Everyone will miss you here; but I believe that someday you'll come for a visit. If not -- I'm going to visit you. Behold, you've been warned. 
You told me that it's hard to believe that I didn't speak English 10 years ago. Time flies by fast. It makes our friendship grow stronger.
 Even though great distance separates us, we manage to keep in touch via various means: social media, e-mail, Skype, and some occasional mail. You have no idea how much I appreciate your postcards and letters. Wouldn't you agree that those items are more personal than e-mails and messages? 
I always thought that technologies were supposed to make our lives easier. Instead it alienated people from society. We are busier now than at any point of human history. 
Amazing friend, thank you so much for your time. I cherish those moments at coffee shop, at restaurant, at museum, at movie theater, at your place my place and other locations. Those have been times of bonding and strengthening of relationship. I shall never forget all those fun times. They uplifted my spirits. 
You also have been with me through the best and you have been with me through the worst. The friend who helped me up, otherwise I wouldn't bounced back (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10).  You saw the light at the end of the tunnel before I did. Thank you for taking time off work and for ringing me to the hospital when I had to go. You've held my hand while we were both awaiting for results of blood work. We both cried when the results turned out to be fine.
Your friendship  is one of the greatest blessings. You have been helping me to grow spiritually during all these years. 
Bible has verses in twelve chapters concerning friendship. Book of Proverbs  talks about how friend is closer than brother (Proverbs 18:24). It admonishes people over association with hot-tempered individuals (Proverbs 22:24-25); it will ensnare the person. It's better to endure wounds from a friend because the pain will be beneficial. True friend will open your eyes. Enemy will 'multiply kisses' and strike when you leas expect it (Proverbs 27:5-6). You have to be careful with friendships otherwise you'll go astray (Proverbs 12:26). Friends sharpen each other (Proverbs 27:17). Good friendships bring wisdom (Proverbs 13:20). In some cases friends love each other more than siblings (Proverbs 17:17). Friends also intercede on each other behalves.
We had our ups and downs and fights but by the grace of God we overcame those obstacles. 

Sincerely,

Irina G  


   
   
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment