share this on

Friday, March 30, 2018

A Miracle At the Start of the Year

                                        This year started differently like no other. If someone told me how about it, I wouldn't be convinced that this could happen: a miracle in its classic flavor.

The Miracle

A couple from the church invited me to their house for the New Year party. They asked me to find a ride to their place, but promised to give me a ride back. I decided to take a bus. When the couple asked me about the transportation, I told them about the way I would embark upon.
A few hours later I was riding the bus. I walked for sometime from the bus stop to the house. It took me about half an hour. I enjoyed my stroll: crisp air, snowfall, lack of cars on the road, snow cracking under the boots, and the lights dissipating the darkness of the night. the snowfall was getting heavier.
After arriving to the friend's house, I was greeted by many people. We played games and ate much food. Everyone had fun. We rang in 2018 together. My heart was full of joy until I noticed something: my necklace was gone. I told my friend that my necklace was lost. After telling my friend about it, I went out trying to find the necklace.
I went outside and started looking for the necklace, or whatever remained. The fireworks had already began. People were shouting, "Happy New Year!!" For me the start of 2018 wasn't happy at all.
After I failed to find my necklace, I returned to my friends' house. I started pouring my heart out, talking about the importance of the necklace. She listened to me. Not once, she interrupted me. "If God's will to find for you the necklace, you'll find it."
I didn't believe her. I was crying. Not seeing my family since 2007, not seeing my mom since 2009, and many other things have taken it's toll on me. I felt desperate and despondent. I didn't sleep most of the night. I thought that my necklace was forever lost. I had it since I was fifteen. It was a precious gift from my beloved mom.
The next morning I was going to my friend's house for a meal. I told her what happened. She suggested that we walk around that place and try to find what's left. I didn't believe we'll find anything, but my friend was persistent. She encouraged us to try, even though the plows went out last night. We went to the place anyway. We walked around for almost an hour.
It was sunny. Some of the snow has melted.
Suddenly I saw a glimmer. I saw a few beads that belonged on my necklace. We began looking around and found more pieces. After we retrieved other pieces, we went to my friend's house. I washed the pieces there.
Now I am awaiting for my other friend to put them all together. She is making a new necklace. I cannot wait to see the new necklace. I am beyond grateful.

No automatic alt text available.
The necklace after I found it.


1 comment:

  1. Encouraging and beautiful story! I guess that God told your friend that your necklace would be found.

    Sanae

    ReplyDelete